Since the funds are automatically invested in your Auto Invest account, you do not have the option to sell the individual investments to withdraw the funds. To withdraw cash from your SoFi Auto Invest account you will just need to schedule a withdrawal and our automated system will sell the investments and process the withdrawal on your behalf.
Conditions that must be satisfied before you can withdraw funds from an Auto Account:
- Your deposit hold has settled, 5 full business days after your deposit has posted. (Market holidays are not included in this business day count).
Steps to Withdraw funds from Auto Account:
Please Note: With an Auto account, all funds will be invested and will show full account value.
SoFi Website: Click the following link to initiate a withdrawal: https://www.sofi.com/wealth/app/withdrawal
SoFi App: Select the Invest Account you wish to withdraw from, tap on the gear wheel in the top right-hand corner of the Auto account screen, tap on ‘Withdraw money’.
- Choose the amount you would like to withdraw (up to your full account value will be displayed).
- Select the 'From' and 'To' accounts for transfer.
- Once a withdrawal is initiated, it will trigger the trade to generate withdrawable cash. Trades will process on the next available business day.
- Finally, your requested withdrawal will initiate into your selected account, 2 business days from the trade execution date. (Please Note: It can take 1-3 business days for your funds to post into the selected account based on normal ACH deposit timeframes).
Please Note: If you want to withdraw the full balance, you will want to enter the full balance amount or close it, on the withdrawal request and it will default to a ‘Full Balance Withdrawal’. Due to market fluctuations, the investments in your account may fluctuate and your balance may change by the time the system liquidates your investments for the withdrawal. Scheduling a ‘Full Balance Withdrawal’ will ensure the system will liquidate and withdraw the full balance regardless of any fluctuation in your account.
If you have additional questions, you can start a chat with us. Please note, you will be prompted to log in.