SoFi Crypto accounts can only hold cryptocurrency and do not hold US Dollars or other securities. Whenever you purchase Crypto the funds for the purchase are pulled from your Individual Active Invest account. Likewise, when you sell Crypto, the proceeds from the sale are deposited into your Individual Active Invest account.
Since our Crypto accounts only hold cryptocurrency, you will need to sell your Crypto and withdraw the proceeds/cash from your individual Active Invest account.
Conditions that must be satisfied before you can withdraw the proceeds from selling your Crypto from your individual Active Invest account:
- The sale of cryptocurrency has settled, 1 business day after your trade has been executed.
- Crypto, at SoFi, is only for investing purposes - you cannot link a wallet with SoFi, at this time.
Steps to Withdraw Crypto funds from an Active Individual Account:
SoFi Website: Click the following link to initiate a withdrawal: https://www.sofi.com/wealth/app/withdrawal
SoFi App: Select the Invest Account you wish to withdraw from, tap on ‘Manage’, tap on ‘Withdraw’.
- Choose the amount you would like to withdraw (up to the amount of withdrawable cash available showing).
- Select the 'From' and 'To' accounts for transfer.
- Finally, click 'Review' when you are ready to submit your withdrawal. (Please Note: It can take 1-3 business days for your funds to post into the selected account based on normal ACH deposit timeframes).
If you have additional questions, you can start a chat with us. Please note, you will be prompted to log in.