You can send funds to friends and family via a peer-to-peer (P2P) transfer, by logging into your SoFi Checking account and following the steps below.
- From your Sofi Checking account homepage, click 'Transfer'.
- Select 'Send money to a Friend'
- Enter a name, email address, or mobile number as instructed.
- You may also select from a list of 'Contacts'.
- Please note, if the phone number is associated with an existing SoFi Checking account member, the payment will be credited instantly to the recipient's SoFi Checking account. Otherwise, a text message will be sent to the recipient with a link to pick up the payment. (If the recipient is a SoFi member who has opted out of text notifications, the message will not be sent.)
- Enter the amount to pay and add an optional note if applicable. (Minimum amount is $1.00)
- Confirm that all the information is accurate and click 'Pay' to send the payment.
- You will receive payment confirmation, and clicking 'Done' will return you to the homepage.
- You cannot send money to yourself or your joint account holder.
- P2P transfers are not available from your SoFi Savings account.