SoFi offers our borrowers a variety of deferment and forbearance options.
- For a hardship forbearance due to involuntary unemployment, you may apply through SoFi.com
- For in-school deferment, it depends on the repayment option you choose.
- If you choose immediate repayment, there is no deferment for returning to school.
- If you choose the interest-only repayment, or $25 per month partial interest repayment option, you will pay the same amount for an in-school deferment if you return to school for an advanced degree.
- If you choose full deferment initially, you will have that deferment option if you return to school for an advanced degree.