Your SoFi Active Invest account balance includes two categories: withdrawable cash and buying power.
Your withdrawable cash amount will include all funds that are settled, cleared, and available to withdraw back to your bank account. Once all activity in an account settles, buying power and withdrawable cash will be equal.
A security you sell will typically settle around 9:00 AM ET two business days after your trade date. The two-day settlement cycle is a regulatory requirement set by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Proceeds from the sale of cryptocurrencies are subject to a 1 business day hold.
- Additionally, recently deposited funds, bonus and fee credits are subject to a 5 business day deposit hold.
Please note: The funds from a securities or cryptocurrency sale cannot be withdrawn until after your trade is processed. We still allow you to use the proceeds from this sale to buy additional securities or cryptocurrency before the settlement date of your sale; this is your buying power.
Conditions that must be satisfied before your funds are available to withdraw:
- Your deposit hold has settled, 5 full business days after your deposit has posted. (Market holidays are not included in this business day count)
- Your sell trade has settled, two business days after your trade has executed.
Steps to Withdraw funds from Active Account:
SoFi Website: Click the following link to initiate a withdrawal: https://www.sofi.com/wealth/app/withdrawal
SoFi App: Select the Invest Account you wish to withdraw from, tap on ‘Manage’, tap on ‘Withdraw’.
- Choose the amount you would like to withdraw (up to the amount of withdrawable cash available showing).
- Select the 'From' and 'To' accounts for transfer.
- Finally, click 'Review' when you are ready to submit your withdrawal. (Please Note: It can take 1-3 business days for your funds to post into the selected account base on normal ACH deposit timeframes).
If you have additional questions, you can start a chat with us. Please note, you will be prompted to log in.