Freezing your card is a great way to prevent it from being used for new purchases due to reasons like:
- You temporarily misplaced your card and want to prevent any unauthorized transactions
- You want to prevent yourself from spending
- You want to prevent your authorized user from spending (Please give us a call to place a temporary freeze on your authorized user(s) card)
Note: Please keep in mind that if your card is lost or stolen, the safest thing to do is report this. If you need to report a lost or stolen card, you may do this in the app (click here for instructions) or by contacting us so we can help you get a new credit card with a new number. You do not need to freeze your card if you have already reported your card lost or stolen.
To temporarily freeze your card via the SoFi website or mobile app simply:
- Log into your SoFi account
- Navigate to your credit card
- Click ‘More’ then ‘Your Card’
- Toggle the ‘Freeze card’ button on/off to add/remove a freeze
Note: When you freeze your card, any recurring payments that you’ve already set up will continue to be processed.
Also, interest charges will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance, so you will still have to make at least the minimum monthly payment.